A glass corner desk is rather common in contemporary offices and home work zone arrangements. Corner placement is a perfect solution when you need to obtain an ample workspace without overloading the room and creating too much visual clutter. An angled corner desk can especially come in handy when you need to alternate between working on the computer and writing or working with papers. Using a castor chair makes switching between the work zones even easier. Gamers, designers, architects, web developers, and other professionals who use multiple monitor setups in their work might also enjoy the benefits of a corner desk layout.
Aside from convenience, glass corner computer desks are stunningly sleek and chic-looking. They fit perfectly in contemporary, high-tech, minimalist and industrial style interiors. In spite of being designed for corner placement (as it is suggested by the name), such glass desks look the most winning when placed in the middle of the room, so that all the beautiful curves and lines are exposed.
Regardless of how you plan to use your corner desk, it is a worthwhile investment into your productivity and room decor. So it would be a good idea to do some research first to see what is out there and choose the best option. Let us help you get started by offering a review of seven best glass corner desks (in our opinion).
|Product||Desktop Dimensions (W x D) Excluding the Corner Section||Height||Desktop Weight Capacity||Additional Fixtures|
|Coaster L-Shape Home Office Computer Desk(Editor’s Choice)||43.25 x 24 inches||30 inches||No information||Keyboard tray, CPU stand|
|Whalen Furniture Newport L-Shaped Desk||41 x 20 inches||30 inches||No information||None|
|OneSpace Ultramodern Glass Desk(Editor’s Choice)||31.25 x 19.75||29 inches||88 lbs||Keyboard tray, portable CPU stand|
|Techni Mobili Frosted Glass L-Shaped Corner Desk||Shorter side: 32 x 23 inches; longer side: 42 x 23 inches||29.5 inches||80 lbs||Keyboard tray|
|Naomi Home 3 Piece Sedalia Office Desk||31 x 20 inches||29 inches||No information||Keyboard tray, portable CPU stand|
|Techni Mobili L-Shape Corner Desk||Shorter side: 26.5 x 19.5 inches; longer side: 45 x 19.5 inches||29 inches||66 lbs||Keyboard tray|
|LeCrozz L-Shaped Home Office Corner Desk||32.5 x 19 inches||28.5 inches||50 lbs||None|
1. Coaster L-Shape Home Office Computer Desk – A Three-Piece Glass Top Corner Desk, a Dark Espresso and Black Corner Desk with Shelves.
This contemporary style corner desk attracts a viewer’s attention with the unparalleled design of its frame. Its wooden X-shaped legs with the dark cappuccino veneer finish definitely make a statement. Not only do they add visual solidness to the construction, but actually make it very sturdy and stable. The desktop rests on a metal frame.
This corner workstation actually consists of two independent glass desks, connected by a quadrant-shaped section.
The slide-out shelf has enough space for a standard keyboard and a mouse.
The corner desk itself provides ample space for a variety of work tasks and entertainment.
Coaster L-Shape corner desk is an attention-grabbing furniture piece with a potential to become a statement element in your home or office. The eclectic combination of massive legs and an airy top looks rather alluring and also makes up a sturdy and reliable workstation.
2. Whalen Furniture Newport Wood/Glass L-Shaped Desk – A large Corner Computer Desk with a Black Top.
This is a contemporary style glass desk designed in black color with wooden accents. It provides a plenty of workspace which can be arranged any way you would like, since there are no elements that require any special layout. The spacious desktop is made of black tempered glass, which in combination with sleek black metal frame and curved wooden legs gives the desk a robust masculine look.
This glass desk is a good solution for a home studio, a multiple-monitor setup or a home office setup with lots of peripherals, such as printers, scanners, faxes, etc.
The Whalen Furniture Newport Desk is a spacious and stylish workstation. Its sleek dark-toned minimalist design makes it perfect for an office setting. Its open design makes it look unobtrusive, in spite of the large size.
3. OneSpace Ultramodern Glass Desk – A Space-Saving Glass and Metal Corner Computer Desk, Multiple Colors Available.
This ultra modern corner desk is designed in high-tech style to suit even the most fastidious tastes. Its sleek, compact design can be applicable in both home and office settings. This glass desk is designed to be placed in a corner with its uniform-sized side desktops offering more freedom of choice regarding the way of arranging a workspace.One Space glass corner desk is available in three color combinations: clear glass top with black frame, total black and clear glass top with industrial gray frame. The slide-out keyboard tray allows you to lean back in your chair while typing, thus increasing the distance between the monitor and the eyes.
The OneSpace corner desk looks sleek, modern and unobtrusive. It has a thoughtful design, which makes it a productive multi-task workspace. This is a space-saving solution for small homes and offices, which still need a decent workstation.
4. Techni Mobili Deluxe Tempered Frosted Glass L-Shaped Corner Desk – A Heavy-Duty Glass and Steel Corner Desk with MDF Panels.
This is a sturdy heavy-duty corner desk with ample working space. Its top rests on a robust scratch-resistant steel frame with laminated MDF panels. Its stability is enhanced by perforated metal panels at the back of each section, which also facilitate cable management.
The desktop is made of thick tempered semi-translucent frosted glass. It consists of three sections, one side section being longer than the other. You can arrange the workspace according to your preferences, since the shorter and longer sides are interchangeable. The corner section has a rounded outer edge that creates a streamlined and elegant look.
The Thechni Mobili glass desk looks and feels very sturdy. It is distinguished by its extra-thick top, reinforced frame and interchangeable left- or right-hand configuration. Unlike other glass desks, this one doesn’t look airy because of its quite massive frame and tinted top.
5. Naomi Home 3 Piece Sedalia Glass Office Desk – A Contemporary Style Glass Corner Computer Desk.
The Naomi Home glass desk is a great combination of style, compactness, and functionality. Its clean-cut design makes the room look professional and airy. With no excessive details it is as compact as it can be given the considerable workspace it provides.The durable tempered safety glass top consists of three pieces, supported by a thin-looking but sturdy steel frame. The latter is spray-painted in silver, which enhances the overall look of the glass desk.
One of the sides of the corner desk is suggested to hold a slide-out keyboard tray. It is also made of clear tempered glass and slides on metal rails.
The Naomi Home corner desk is designed in contemporary industrial style. Its forms are rather simple and standard. The desk has an austere and professional look. In spite of its conventional size, the desk provides more than enough space as for a home corner workstation.
6. Techni Mobili Tempered Glass L-Shaped Corner Desk – A Clear Tempered Glass Corner Desk with a Keyboard Tray.
This is a versatile corner desk that can be used for a variety of work tasks. It has ample desktop space that allows a user to arrange a computer and peripherals and still have space left for paperwork, a weekly planner, a document holder, some books or magazines and decoration. This is an L-shaped glass desk with one side longer than the other. The shorter side can be equipped with a slide-out keyboard tray (included in the package).
The frame is made of rectangular steel tubes with scratch-resistant silver coating. In combination with a translucent top, the construction looks almost invisible, especially against a white or gray background.
Overall impressionTechni Mobili L-shaped glass corner computer desk is rather compact and unobtrusive, but at the same time provides enough space for all the equipment one might need in the home office. Its smooth surface and clean lines can blend effortlessly in any room decor.
7. LeCrozz L-Shaped Home Office Corner Desk – One of the Most Refined Corner Computer Desks, Black Color.
LeCrozz L-shaped glass desk is exceptionally thin and finely crafted. In spite of the black color it looks very unobtrusive. The desktop rests on a thin black steel frame with Z-shaped legs. The black border that encloses the top enhances the seamless look of the desk. The desktop consists of three parts with equal sides and a rounded corner piece.
This black glass desk looks so elegant and refined that you might get a feeling that it should be kept as neat and orderly as possible. That might be challenging if you are using a desktop computer with several peripherals since there is no cable management system.
This is a rather compact corner desk, which can fit in a small-spaced home office without cramping it.
Overall impressionThe LeCrozz glass desk stands out among the others thanks to its elegant streamlined design, thinness of lines and absence of excessive elements. This glass desk is a space saver for small apartments and offices. It can hardly serve as a heavy-duty workstation, but it provides ample space for most of the day-to-day office-work tasks and entertainment.
A Concise Buyer’s Guide to Choosing the Best Glass Corner Desk
At the first glance it might seem that all glass corner desks are pretty much the same: L-shaped design, tempered glass tops, metal or wooden frames, sometimes equipped with keyboard trays and/or CPU tower stands. However, if you take a closer look at them (as you probably already have when reading our review), you will see that there are several important nuances that make them different. Here are some aspects you should consider in order to understand exactly what kind of glass desk to look for.
- The size of the corner desk. This might seem too obvious to be mentioned, but many people actually tend to overestimate the amount of space they have or, on the other hand, the actual size of the desk they are buying. In both cases they end up feeling frustrated and dissatisfied with the purchase. In order to avoid such outcomes you should carefully measure the space where you intend to place the corner desk, plan the layout of things you are going to have on it to make sure they fit, and only then go shopping.
- Weight capacity of the desktop. This is a very important factor to consider, since it concerns with safety. Although most of glass desks can withstand more load than standard office equipment can provide, still you should always check the numbers, especially if you are looking for a heavy-duty desk. Also, you should remember that in corner desks the corner section usually has lower weight capacity than side sections.
- Style and design. The particular style of a glass desk is usually determined by the design of its frame. For instance, a glass and chrome corner desk speaks for high-tech style, while a steel frame and sharp angles suggest that the corner desk is suitable for industrial style. Wooden frames are most appropriate in contemporary and eclectic interiors.
- Additional elements. Such fixtures as a keyboard tray, raised shelves, drawers, a CPU stand, and a cable management system are always advantageous, since they enhance productivity and help you organize the workspace. However, if you find them unnecessary, there is no need to overpay for something you are not going to use. Plain minimalist corner desks with clean lines can also be quite functional and look absolutely stunning.
- Maintenance. Any sleek surface requires special (and frequent) care. There are no low-maintenance glass desks, but some of them are easier to clean than others. For instance, frosted matte glass tops won’t show fingerprints as vividly as regular ones. If the desk has a keyboard tray, you will have to take care of the sliding mechanism very often, since all the dust it collects can be seen through the transparent top. Tinted tops won’t have such a problem. Desks with black glossy surfaces are the most demanding in regards to care, so you should keep that in mind when opting for one.
- Assembly. If you are not mechanically competent, assembling a corner desk might be very challenging. So it is a good idea to make sure it comes with a comprehensive instruction manual. Some sellers can ship a corner desk pre-assembled, but that would cost much more than regular delivery.
- Safety. The last but not least point to consider is safety. This is especially important if you have children or pets. The desk should not have sharp edges and corners or elements that might get loose. The top should hold firmly to the frame, which, in its turn, should be durable and stable.
A glass corner desk is a stylish and practical furniture piece that can make a great workstation for the most versatile tasks. The space-saving layout, sleek design and streamlined forms have made these desk so popular. More and more people are switching from traditional wooden or laminate desks to glass desks. If you are one of them, you can start shopping right away as you have (hopefully) learnt some useful information about this product. The number of options available on the market is really impressive, so you will definitely find the one that would be just perfect for you.